Go to the front page of: this blog ||| Venice Florida! dot com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ahluwalia, Crowe accuse Patten of attempted murder

Apparently unaware that video cameras can actually record video, city council candidate Harbhajan Ahluwalia (aka Harry Walia) and his brainless boobie, Republican bigwig wannabe Cynthia Crowe, filed police reports with the Venice Police Department claiming that I tried to inflict bodily harm on a poor beleagured Crowe.

According to Crowe, my chest made unlawful contact with Crowe's fist when she punch-shoved me backwards into a group of people that were standing behind me.

While Crowe states in her sworn affidavit that she was trying to leave the event, the video clearly shows she was re-entering the room from behind me. She claims I blocked her from exiting, the video clearly shows that she was walking around me to get back into the room, this after she confronted me from behind as I was attempting to re-enter the room.

Ahluwalia, who was in another room entirely during this fracas (down the hall and around the corner, actually, about 30 to 40 feet away) somehow acquired x-ray vision and was able to contribute his witness account of Crowe's near-death experience. Ahluwalia claims he was behind a table to the right of me, while an accidental but fortuitous sweeping pan shot at the beginning of the clip shows that he was nowhere in sight and clearly not where he states that he was.

Video and my previously published account of the minor fracas can be found here, Crowe's and Ahluwalia's sworn witness statements can be found here.

Venice police reviewed their affidavits, then apparently discovered that video of the incident had been posted by me. The detective division reportedly reviewed the video online from YouTube and immediately closed the case file "...due to no crime occuring."

A threatening email from Crowe came arrived in my inbox the day before all of this mess. That was the first time I had ever heard of Crowe. See below for the text of that email.

I'm still trying to see if the pair of idiots could possibly be nailed for filing a false police report.

From: crowebird2@comcast.net
To: jpatten@veniceflorida.com
Cc: aarpfl@aarp.com
Subject: low life
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 03:07 pm EST

JaneQpublic, Or JP.
I,m asking you nicely to go after me Cynthia Crowe. So you can round up
your wagons of PROBONO lawyers to defend your filthy lies. In my
opinion and I truly believe you are whacked and in need of mental
counseling. but we are coming for you anyway. Do your advertisers
know about you yet. I'm boycotting every one of them and will inform
them of this. Cynthia Crowe.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a brain trust those two form!

    I find it unbelievable that they would lie like that given the number of witnesses and the fact that a video camera was present. Have they no shame, decency, or values in filing a blatantly false police report? I believe I just read Ahluwalia's Five-Point Plan part of which states he will: stop taxpayer-funded sunshine legal bills, end airport related lawsuits, and "empower citizens"...How's that? By filing unjustified lawsuits when they ask him or his flunkies questions?

    Further, on his personal website www.harrywaliaforvenice.com, he states "I will work hard to negotiate (underlined) not litigate (also underlined). No 'Bring It On' attitude."
    That's laughable! What a hypocrite!
    Can I come with you to your next meeting? The entertainment value is better than pay-TV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should file a complaint of battery against Cynthia Crowe...C'mon, John, they obviously want to "bring it on!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no point in filing a criminal complaint for battery. I know from experience that the State Attorney will drop it, so it is just a waste of everyone's time and resources.

    ReplyDelete