Go to the front page of: this blog ||| Venice Florida! dot com

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Walia, Carlesimo supporters dog Koszarski, con cops and Hackett at Herald-Trib

This past weekend, Walia supporters plastered Publix parking lots with Walia signs (pix below).

On Sunday evening, I asked the assistant manager on duty at the Publix on the island if Walia had received permission to place the signs, I was told no, that the signs had just appeared. He even walked around the parking lot with me, pointing them out. Then he left them where they were (about a dozen, maybe more) and went back in to the store.

Roughly half of the signs were in between the sidewalk and the street, meaning they were illegally on city property (municipal land).

Without my asking, he graciously gave me permission to take photos of the Walia signs at the edge of the parkinglot as long as I didn't include any Publix logos in my photos. I graciously thanked him and told him he couldn't prevent me from taking any photos I wanted in an open air public place.

Then comes this story from Kim Hackett, who was successfully lobbied by Ed Taylor (outgoing first lady to Council Member Vicki Taylor) to post a story about an evil Ted Koszarski handing out flyers at the off-island Publix on Venice Avenue.




No comments:

Post a Comment